Director’s decree No. 3/2020 on
Final Theses and State final exams (in Czech)
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE FINAL STATE EXAMINATION IN IS KOS
Students can register themselves for the State Final Examination in KOS system after fulfilling all their study obligations.
- Log in to KOS system and go to “State exams” –> “State final exams”
- To register for SFE, choose preferred date in section State final exam terms and press “SIGN UP”
Note: If no terms are offered to you, go to “State final exam condition check”, where you can check if you are fulfilling all the requirements for the Final State Exam. If not go to “Courses”–>“Study plan”
1) The State Final Exams (hereinafter) SFE at MIAS CTU in Prague are abide by the director’s decree No. 3/2020 on final theses and state final exams and take place in accordance with approved timetable of the MIAS CTU of the relevant academic year
2) The students are obliged to come on time according to the time proposals of the study department (International Office)
3) Students will be informed about timetable and basic conditions of the SFE during SFE opening.
Note: An SFE takes place in one day and it consists of two parts – presentation and defence of the FT and an exam based on SFE topic areas.
4) Student will briefly introduce his/her thesis topic to the SFE committee in the set time
5) Student will draw one question from each individual topic area.
Note: Question number is recorded in to protocol incl. listing the questions according to the valid FSE areas of topics for the given study. Student has the right for preparation
6) SFE Committee chairman can allow presence of the thesis supervisor and thesis opponent at the non-public part of the FSE commission’s meeting
7) Student will be informed of the SFE
8) Conformation of completing studies can be issues at the study department (International office), no earlier than the day after successful passing of the SFE
9) Diplomas cannot be lent. Student can collect his/her diploma at the study department (International office) before the graduation ceremony, based on the request. After identity verification, the taking over the diploma is confirmed by signature
Dates of the graduation ceremonies including the additional information will be published in time on our website
MASTER DEGREE PROGRAMME
Topic area 1 – Innovation Systems – Summarizes defining knowlege especially from the subjects:
- Project Management,
- Strategic Management,
- Innovations Management and Innovation Project,
- Decision Analysis
Topic area 2 – Innovation Economics – Summarizes defining knowlege especially from the subjects:
- Financial Management,
- Marketing Innovations,
Topic area 3 – Instruments of Innovation Management – Summarizes defining knowlege from the group of Compulsory optional subjects. Based on the choice of subjects by student, the specific set of questions is selected with the focus to the subjects of:
- Project management,
- Production process management,
- Financial aspects of innovation
NOTE: Part of the questions for all topic areas is knowledge of subjects Statistical Analysis, Microeconomic Theory a Macroeconomic Theory, as well as technical subjects, because the additional questions of the state exam will be related to their application in industry and technology.