Scientific research is one of MIAS key activities. MIAS participates in numerous research projects, both domestic and international, and provides advisory services and training programmes for companies, professional bodies, public agencies, as well as for other components of the CTU.
Grants and projects
Projects funded by the European Union:
- Erasmus+ Modern Logistics Learning: The development of modern supply chains requires employees to have a number of competences. Often, these competences go beyond the technical and professional competences (from the logistics point of view). The main goal of the project is to develop an innovative, certified logistics training program and complete teaching materials for the implementation of the program. The training module will include 5 courses cover in total 30 ECTS credits points. Project number: 2017-1-PL01-KA203-038698.
- 2019-2022 ESF II: MIAS participates on the activities with the aim to support new teaching methods and to increase the number of subjects taught in a foreign language as well as to increase the qualifications and pedagogical competencies of teachers and to further increase the language competencies and qualifications of non-academic staff involved in the organizational provision of the teaching process. Project number: 02.2.69/0.0/0.0/18_056/0013243.
- 2019-2021 Erasmus: Interdisciplinary collaborative approaches to learning andteaching (InCollab). An international project implemented in cooperation with other European universities in Spain, Portugal and Hungary deals with the development and implementation of modern teaching methods and strategies that support the effective connection of professional content with the so-called “competencies for the 21st century”. Project number: 2019-1-CZ01-KA203-061163.
- 2015-2017 Erasmus: Strategic Partnership in Higher Education: Intercultural Communicative Competence – A Competitive Advantage for Global Employment (ICCAGE). The international project in cooperation with three economically oriented universities in Portugal, Spain and Hungary deals with increasing intercultural communicative competencies in a foreign language. Project number: 2015-1-CZ01-KA203-013992.
Projects funded by the Technology Agency of the Czech Republic:
- Development of digital competencies of teachers of social sciences at secondary vocational schools, Ing. Petr Svoboda, Ph.D., ING.PAED.IGIP, ongoing. Project number: TL01000192.
- Sustainable and affordable housing in strategic plans of settlements, Ing. Petr Štěpánek, Ph.D., terminated. Project number: TL01000143.
- Improvement of systems and processes of permitting new construction in Prague: availability of housing, RNDr. Tomáš Hudeček, Ph.D., terminated. Project number: TL01000423.
- Models of social housing, their spatial parameters and qualitative criteria, MUVS co-researcher, Ing. Petr Štěpánek, Ph.D., terminated. Project number: TD03000252.
- Modern and effective planning: density and economics of cities, RNDr. Tomáš Hudeček, Ph.D., terminated. Project number: TD03000280.
- International Visegrad Fund: Current Issues in Business from a V4 Perspective, doc. Ing. Jan Vlachý, Ph.D., ongoing. Project number: VG 21710503.
- UNESCO and Industrial Heritage (Ministry of Culture), PhDr. Nikolaj Savický, Ph.D., terminated.
Cooperation with the private sector
Project Improving the quality of work – cooperation with ŠKODA AUTO, a. s., Prof. Ing. Zuzana Dvořáková, CSc., Ongoing